PHLI has achieved the highest level of recognition as a Patient-Centered Medical Home from the National Committee for Quality Assurance. The Patient-Centered Medical Home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes evidenced-based care, communication, and care coordination to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality, lower costs, and can improve patients’ and providers’ experience of care. NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Recognition is the most widely-used way to transform primary care practices into medical homes.
The goals of our medical home:
- You can get an appointment as soon as you need it.
- You do not wait more than you should once you are in the office.
- Clerical and nursing staff are helpful, friendly, and respectful.
- Nursing staff are skillful, helpful, and respectful.
- The doctors are skillful, respectful, understanding and helpful.
- You are confident that you have the information, skills and support to manage your health problems.
- When you call the office for advice or help, you get it without difficulty.
- You receive what you want and need in a timely manner and in a way that you appreciate.
- Our entire staff consistently communicates that we all care about you.
To achieve these goals we provide:
You can have an ongoing relationship with a personal physician and his medical assistant trained to provide continuing medical care.
Physician-directed medical practice
The clinician will lead his team members in taking responsibility for your child’s ongoing care.
Whole person orientation
Your personal clinician will be responsible for fulfilling all your child’s health care needs including arranging care with other medical, therapeutic and mental health specialists whenever necessary.
The practice will use technology and other means to ensure that your child gets the indicated care when and where you need and want it, in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner.
You will provide us with the medical history, current health status, recent test results, hospitalization information and referral documentation if available.
Quality and safety
The practice will use evidence-based medicine (based on scientific research) to ensure that your child is treated as effectively as possible. Our effectiveness will be measured to continue improving our performance over time.
Enhanced access to care
Our physicians and staff will be available for extended weekday, weekend and holiday office hours.
In addition, you can use our secure electronic patient portal to submit questions to your physician and to request appointments, medication refills, referrals and test results.
Mental Health Care
The physicians at PHLI have all completed a mini-fellowship in psychopharmacology provided by the NYS Department of Mental Health. We provide evidence-based methods to assess and treat common mental health disorders including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, anxiety and depression. In addition, we have same-day access to consultations with university-based Pediatric Psychiatrists Monday through Friday to assist in the care of more complex conditions.
At PHLI we use the latest technology to improve the patient experience.
Patient Messaging allows us to contact you via email, text, and phone. We currently send:
- Appointment messages to confirm an appointment you make or change and remind you 2 days before an upcoming appointment.
- No-Show messages one day after a missed appointment reminding you to call our office to reschedule.
- Normal lab results messages will be sent as soon as your doctor reviews your lab results. The doctor will continue to call you to discuss abnormal lab results.
- Prescription messages when prescriptions are ordered or renewed unless the prescription is sent during or after an office visit.
Automated Remote Check-in
Phreesia is an automated check-in program that offers you the opportunity to complete the entire office visit check-in process from the comfort of your home on any computer or on any mobile device before your appointment. When you receive the email and text confirming your appointment, use the link to access the remote check-in process and streamline your experience once you arrive at our office.